At Unrecorded we’re always looking for more writers and contributors.
Below are the positions we have available (currently non-paying, but with the prospect of making a few bucks as the site grows).
If you’re interested in either of these positions then please get in touch with us using the contact form below with your name, your preferred position, an example or two of your written work (just paste it into the box, either as text or as links to where you have it online, and if you don’t have one then write up a mock review of a song or album), include your Last.fm account if you have one, and list your top five albums of 2013 and your top five albums of 2014 so far.
You must be able available daily to catch new music as it’s released, listen to it, write up a post about it, and post it live to the site. You will be writing content like the posts found here, a mix of the latest music and videos, along with the latest music news.
You’ll be writing reviews of albums released on a weekly basis. You’ll integrate with our current team of reviewers and report to our Reviews Editors.
You’ll be scouring the web for new acts to feature in our Introducing posts. We have a submissions inbox, and you’ll be expected to be in the know of other music sites. We’ve got a slick system in place, and a good team to help you out.
- Must have an excellent grasp of the English language (though English doesn’t have to be your first language)
- Must be passionate about music
- Knowledge of WordPress, Soundcloud, and Bandcamp are preferred but not required (we can walk you through it)
- Must be able to work to a deadline
- Must be easily reachable (preferably via email, but also Twitter and private internal group discussion applications)